It is an alumni giving challenge based on participation and total dollars raised for alma mater. The chapter with the most dollars raised and the chapter with the highest percentage of alumni participating will win bragging rights, a trophy and special recognition!
The William & Mary Fraternity & Sorority Alumni Challenge divides the social fraternities and sororities of the Inter-Fraternity Council, Pan-Hellenic Council, National Pan-Hellenic Council and the Multicultural Greek Council into two categories to compete for the winner’s trophy.
All inactive and active social fraternities and sororities with a minimum of 50 alumni* are eligible to participate. Please see the list below for reference:
Alpha Epsilon Pi (Fraternity)
Alpha Kappa Alpha (Sorority)
Alpha Phi Alpha (Fraternity)
Alpha Tau Omega (Fraternity)
Beta Theta Pi (Fraternity)
Chi Omega (Sorority)
Chi Phi (Fraternity)
Delta Chi (Fraternity)
Delta Delta Delta (Sorority)
Delta Gamma (Sorority)
Delta Sigma Theta (Sorority)
Gamma Phi Beta (Sorority)
Kappa Alpha (Fraternity)
Kappa Alpha Theta (Sorority)
Kappa Delta (Sorority)
Kappa Kappa Gamma (Sorority)
Kappa Sigma (Fraternity)
Lambda Chi Alpha (Fraternity)
Phi Kappa Tau (Fraternity)
Phi Mu (Sorority)
Pi Beta Phi (Sorority)
Pi Kappa Alpha (Fraternity)
Pi Lambda Phi (Fraternity)
Psi Upsilon (Fraternity)
Sigma Alpha Epsilon (Fraternity)
Sigma Chi (Fraternity)
Sigma Nu (Fraternity)
Sigma Phi Epsilon (Fraternity)
Sigma Pi (Fraternity)
Theta Delta Chi (Fraternity)
Kappa Alpha Psi (Fraternity)
Sigma Gamma Rho (Sorority)
A gift of any amount, designated for any area of the university, will count toward the challenge. Gifts may be designated to any school/unit/program and may be split between areas. Joint gifts between spouses who were both members of a fraternity/sorority will count towards participation for each organization.
Participation rates are based upon fraternity/sorority affiliations noted in our database. Gifts may not be made on behalf of other alumni.
If you have not already made your gift this year, this can be the first step. Make your gift today to count for the challenge. To ensure that your gift will count towards your organizations totals, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, class year and organization.
We encourage anyone who makes their gift, to help spread the word on social media and throughout your networks. You can also become a Greek Alumni Ambassador for your organization. If interested, please contact May Wells at email@example.com.
We have a new Fraternity and Sorority Life Fund which supports leadership opportunities for students, provides support for programming and fosters other experiences for undergraduate members.
Alternatively, you can donate directly to your chapter if they have a house improvement fund. The following chapters with a housing fund are:
- Alpha Epsilon Pi House Improvement Fund (4399)
- Alpha Tau Omega House Improvement Fund (5003)
- Beta Theta Pi (Zeta Upsilon) Chapter House Improvement Fund (3667)
- Chi Omega House Improvement Fund (4124)
- Delta Delta Delta House Improvement Fund (4230)
- Delta Gamma House Improvement Fund (3869)
- Gamma Phi Beta House Improvement Fund (3744)
- Kappa Alpha House Improvement Fund (4570)
- Kappa Alpha Theta House Improvement Fund (3749)
- Kappa Delta House Improvement Fund (4231)
- Kappa Delta Rho House Improvement Fund (3721)
- Kappa Kappa Gamma House Fund (3231)
- Kappa Sigma House Improvement Fund (3416)
- Lambda Chi Alpha (Epsilon Alpha Chapter) House Improvement Fund (3677)
- Pi Beta Phi House Improvement (3831)
- Sigma Alpha Epsilon House Improvement Fund (3922)
- Sigma Phi Epsilon House Improvement Fund (4601)
- Sigma Pi House Improvement Fd (3798)
If you do not see your chapter listed as having a housing improvement fund, you can contact Alisha Ciunci at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how to start one.