It is a fraternity and sorority alumni giving challenge based on participation and dollars raised for William & Mary during each fiscal year (July 1-June 30). The winners (one fraternity and one sorority) will be recognized during halftime at the Homecoming & Reunion Weekend football game each fall.
All active and inactive social fraternities and sororities at W&M that are in good standing with the university and have a minimum of 50 alumni are eligible to participate in the Fraternity & Sorority Alumni Challenge. Member groups from all Greek Councils are eligible to compete.
Alpha Epsilon Pi (Fraternity)
Alpha Kappa Alpha (Sorority)
Alpha Phi Alpha (Fraternity)
Alpha Tau Omega (Fraternity)
Beta Theta Pi (Fraternity)
Chi Omega (Sorority)
Chi Phi (Fraternity)
Delta Chi (Fraternity)
Delta Delta Delta (Sorority)
Delta Gamma (Sorority)
Delta Sigma Theta (Sorority)
Gamma Phi Beta (Sorority)
Kappa Alpha (Fraternity)
Kappa Alpha Theta (Sorority)
Kappa Delta (Sorority)
Kappa Kappa Gamma (Sorority)
Kappa Sigma (Fraternity)
Lambda Chi Alpha (Fraternity)
Phi Kappa Tau (Fraternity)
Phi Mu (Sorority)
Pi Beta Phi (Sorority)
Pi Lambda Phi (Fraternity)
Psi Upsilon (Fraternity)
Sigma Alpha Epsilon (Fraternity)
Sigma Chi (Fraternity)
Sigma Nu (Fraternity)
Sigma Phi Epsilon (Fraternity)
Sigma Pi (Fraternity)
Theta Delta Chi (Fraternity)
A gift of any amount, designated for any area of the university, will count toward the challenge. Gifts may be designated to any school/unit/program and may be split between areas. Joint gifts between spouses who were both members of a fraternity/sorority will count towards participation for each organization.
Participation rates are based upon fraternity/sorority affiliations noted in our database. Gifts may not be made on behalf of other alumni.
If you have not already made your gift this year, this can be the first step. Make your gift today to count for the challenge. To ensure that your gift will count towards your organizations totals, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, class year and organization.
We encourage anyone who makes their gift, to help spread the word on social media and throughout your networks. You can also become a Greek Alumni Ambassador for your organization. If interested, please contact Lisa Chamberlain at email@example.com.
We have a new Fraternity and Sorority Life Fund which supports leadership opportunities for students, provides support for programming and fosters other experiences for undergraduate members.
Alternatively, you can donate directly to your chapter if they have a house improvement fund. The following chapters with a housing fund are:
- Alpha Epsilon Pi House Improvement Fund (4399)
- Alpha Tau Omega House Improvement Fund (5003)
- Beta Theta Pi (Zeta Upsilon) Chapter House Improvement Fund (3667)
- Chi Omega House Improvement Fund (4124)
- Delta Delta Delta House Improvement Fund (4230)
- Delta Gamma House Improvement Fund (3869)
- Gamma Phi Beta House Improvement Fund (3744)
- Kappa Alpha House Improvement Fund (4570)
- Kappa Alpha Theta House Improvement Fund (3749)
- Kappa Delta House Improvement Fund (4231)
- Kappa Delta Rho House Improvement Fund (3721)
- Kappa Kappa Gamma House Fund (3231)
- Kappa Sigma House Improvement Fund (3416)
- Lambda Chi Alpha (Epsilon Alpha Chapter) House Improvement Fund (3677)
- Pi Beta Phi House Improvement (3831)
- Sigma Alpha Epsilon House Improvement Fund (3922)
- Sigma Phi Epsilon House Improvement Fund (4601)
- Sigma Pi House Improvement Fund (3798)
If you do not see your chapter listed as having a housing improvement fund, you can contact Anne Arseneau at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how to start one.