- Where to Give
- Capital Projects
- National Pan-Hellenic Council Garden
National Pan-Hellenic Council Garden
The creation of the National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC) Garden raises the visibility of historically Black fraternities and sororities at William & Mary and celebrates their contributions to our campus community — past, present and future.
NPHC organizations have been at the forefront of social, civic and community issues on an international scale. The garden will serve as a visible representation of NPHC organizations on campus, relaying history and acknowledging rich traditions. We need your help to raise $380,000 to bring this site to life. Please consider making a gift in honor of the NPHC organizations at the university.
The garden will be located along the east edge of the sidewalk that cuts across the Crim Dell Meadow, connecting the Sunken Garden to James Blair Drive and the Sadler Center. A pedestal and plaque will note each organization’s name and crest, the W&M chapter name and the charter date.
NPHC Charter Dates at William & Mary
- 1975: Kappa Pi chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
- 1976: Mu Upsilon chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
- 1981: Nu Chi chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
- 1982: Xi Lambda chapter of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc.
- 1992: Xi Theta chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
- 2007: Gamma Alpha Alpha chapter of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc.
- 2010: Alpha Delta Sigma chapter of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc.
- 2011: Sigma Lambda chapter of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc.
As William & Mary continues to expand its history to be more inclusive, the university has the opportunity to raise the visibility of our historically Black fraternities and sororities and to celebrate their rich legacies and contributions to campus life and society more broadly.
- Chon Glover, Chief Diversity Officer
With your help, we can create a garden that will affirm W&M’s value of belonging by serving as a dedicated place for our NPHC members to gather and feel connected to the campus and each other. Please give today to help honor this important legacy. Every gift makes a difference.
To learn more, contact:
- Anna Sease , Senior Director of Development for Parent & Family Giving