Annual gifts provide William & Mary with the flexibility required to meet its most pressing needs and pursue meaningful opportunities. From undergraduate research to scholarships to support for faculty and programs, annual gifts benefit many individuals across campus and collectively raise William & Mary’s degree of excellence.
Every gift makes a difference
Your gift supports our mission to cultivate creative thinkers, principled leaders, and compassionate global citizens equipped for lives of meaning and distinction. And greater engagement and participation among alumni increase the value of a William & Mary degree as the institution rises higher in public regard. Annual giving also contributes to William & Mary’s ranking from U.S News & World Report as the public university with the highest rate of alumni giving. Keeping the No. 1 position is an ambitious goal, but one we must achieve in order to continue to provide an education of the highest caliber.
Every gift helps William & Mary move closer to achieving its goals. During the For the Bold campaign, gifts of less than $100 collectively added up to approximately $14.7 million in support of the university. This means that every gift — large and small — truly makes a difference.
Annual gifts to our Annual Giving Impact Funds enable you to direct annual gifts to a specific area or the Fund for William & Mary, the university's largest source of unrestricted support. They include:
- Fund for William & Mary
- Arts & Sciences Annual Fund
- Athletics Impact Fund
- James Monroe's Highland Annual Fund
- Law School Annual Fund
- Mason School of Business Annual Fund
- Museum Foundation Impact Fund
- Parents Fund for William & Mary
- Scholarship Impact Fund
- School of Education Fund for Excellence
- Student Life Impact Fund
- VIMS Impact Fund
- W&M Libraries Make a Difference Fund
- William & Mary Alumni Association Fund (formerly the Alumni Leadership Fund)
- Meghan Palombo, Associate Vice President for Annual Giving & Philanthropic Engagement