Graduation is a tremendous achievement — a time for you and your student to be very proud. Giving back is a long-standing William & Mary tradition, and a great way to commemorate their W&M experience is to make a Senior Family Gift.
Best of all, a Senior Family Gift not only celebrates your student's achievements and lifelong connections, it helps generations of future W&M students experience their own life-changing education.
Please take a moment now to honor your graduate by making a gift to the Parents Fund or any other area of the university that is significant to you and your student. Whether you give $20.21 or $2,021 or beyond, your gift will have significant impact on the lives of our students.
You may also choose to make a more enduring contribution. With your gift commitment of:
- $2,500 or more, your family can name an expendable fund to support a program that reflects your student's experience. You may wish to support an academic discipline, athletic team or student life initiative such as the Cohen Career Center, TutorZone, Counseling Center and more.
- $10,000 or more, your family can name an expendable scholarship. Unrestricted, need-based scholarships are the university's highest priority, but you may also wish to direct your gift to support undergraduate merit, global scholarships or annual faculty support. Donors who give $2,000 or more to the Scholarships Impact Fund are invited to meet some of William & Mary's remarkable scholarship recipients during Homecoming & Reunion Weekend.
- $100,000 or more, your family can name an endowment fund in honor or memory of a family member, a beloved professor or other individual or group. The fund may be created for a variety of educational and student life purposes at William & Mary. Such a gift would provide funding for all time coming.
As the end of our son’s senior year approaches, we are grateful for the opportunity to be part of the William & Mary family. We immediately felt the love that first moment when we drove up to Green & Gold Village, and a flurry of students descended upon our car to unload a multitude of boxes and carry them to his room. The wonderful surprise of seeing all the freshmen so happy as they cheered from the upper level of Kaplan Arena during orientation capped off a weekend that made us feel confident that we would not have to worry about our son as we drove back home to Atlanta. It is hard to believe that four years have passed so quickly. We have been blessed to be able to support William & Mary, and even though our time in Williamsburg is coming to an end, the Amerson family will always be part of the Tribe.
Jenny and Mike Amerson P ’21
Class of 2021 Representatives, Parent & Family Council
Don't miss this chance to leave a legacy and make a lasting impact!
Your student's friends, memories and academic success will be with them for a lifetime and, with your gift, you can make sure that their legacy at W&M will lead the way for other students who follow in their footsteps.
Please make your Senior Family Gift today! Thank you for your support.
Looking for other ways to honor your graduate?
For more information, please contact the W&M Parent & Family Giving staff.
- Anna Norville, Senior Director, Parent & Family Giving and Student Affairs Philanthropy
- Anna Sease, Associate Director, Parent & Family Giving and Student Affairs Philanthropy